Sunday, August 6, 2023

Today Is the First Day Of the Rest of Your Life

It's Day 91. 

I'm still thinking in the program framework as I organize my thinking around my days. Yesterday was the 90th day. The end of the program, formally, and the last post which collected all the topical program videos in one place for easy access. It's a relief not to have to plow through all the days' posts to find them. A new cohort is being formed and begins tomorrow. We are invited into an alumni community and into membership support communities. I'm thinking about it. 

I also thought about doing the program again. The level of support is excellent, and a deep discount is offered to folks who've already completed the program. They seem to begin every 90 days or so, and there will be another that begins in November. That might be the one to join . . . for the holiday season. I wonder if doing it a second time will bring deeper understanding, more confidence moving through it, and increased results.

For now, I've got my three month plan and am grateful to step back into a greener menu for the coming week, after the last week of experimentation. I've definitely felt the effects, and not all of them feel good. And now that I've got eating sorted, I'd like to work on sleep and on intentional movement, to add strength building and flexibility to the swimming I'm already doing, so I'll be making a plan for that. I'd also like to create some goals around stress management and sabbath planning. I toss all these ingredients into the stock pot of my imagination and trust that they will come together into something nourishing.

For now, what I'm feeling is that August might want to be about downshifting a bit. Focusing less on accomplishment and more on living into. Gently, with an awareness of my nervous system. Fall will come soon enough, with its increased activity and faster rhythms.

I always seem to be trying to accomplish something. And sometimes it's hard for me, when I come to the end of a big project, to stop. To pause and rest. There's so much treasure in this space between. Things like reflection, reassessment, restoration, refreshment, recharging.

 The list goes on. 





The Green Wilderness is a daily writing practice that opens a landscape of discovery into my own human experience.

Katherine Cartwright has been blogging since 2012, and each year brings new wonders. She asks big questions about the small things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment