Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Bits and Pieces

I tried to watch a scary movie last night. I didn't last very long. I wanted to watch a missed network show On Demand, but my cable has not been working. I finally called Comcast, and after, I kid you not, more than an hour on the phone working my way through their automated system to actually reach a human who then worked through their automated system doing the same steps I did, they decided to send a repair guy out today. (Grateful I did not have to wait days.) I may or may not have to pay a $100 service call. I reminded them that I should not have to pay for this correction since the problems started after their scheduled maintenance in my area "to improve my Xfinity experience."

My experience is not improved.

So, another plot twist. This time, a smaller one that simply affects my schedule for the day. I'm a bit weary of even small plot twists. My annual two weeks of rest and restoration time off before the program year start-up begins in two days. I feel a little like a thirsty person in the Wilderness crawling to the edge. 

I'll be at the beach for a week. I'm taking some books and good food and not much else. I plan to blob around and maybe go for some walks. I hope to sleep a lot, sit at the water's edge and look off into the horizon and deep waters, lie down on the sand and look up into endless blue skies. I'm hoping that the beach will be light on people and heavy on soft breezes. Maybe I'll go out to eat a few times and have some good seafood.

I haven't been to the beach house since a few months before Mom died.

That's about 18 months, and I almost fell down the rabbit hole of thinking about that time.

I had other bits and pieces I wanted to write about today, but they've slipped out of my mind as the writing led to me a space I'm not interested in exploring right now. I can say no to the places where the writing leads. 

Another edge I've crawled to.





The Green Wilderness is a daily writing practice that opens a landscape of discover into my own human experience. Katherine Cartwright has been blogging since 2012, and each year brings new wonders. She asks big questions of the small things in life.

. 

No comments:

Post a Comment