Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Sun's Down

It's the first day of this summer writing practice that I've gotten near the end of the evening without having written. A busy day that I woke late upon. Worked all morning. Ran from here to there. A break in the middle for a beautiful lunch at a fun restaurant in Philly with my son. Rushed back home, got a quick pedicure for the beach trip, headed out to lead the last of the midweek evening outdoor summertime services for my church. They happen once an month, and I'd have been on vacation for three days, but for the service. Getting ready for a big exhale after I send a few more emails. 

Then I can pack.

I have a list. I don't trust myself to remember everything otherwise. I'll still probably forget some things. 

My mom used to laugh at me for getting stressy before a trip, worrying that I might forget something.

"They have stores at the beach," she'd say.

Still.

The timer's gone off. Leftovers for a late dinner. Fingers crossed I can get to bed early and get up early.





The Green Wilderness is a daily writing practice that opens a landscape of discovery into my own human experience. 

Katherine Cartwright has been blogging since 2012, and each year brings new wonders. She asks big questions of the small things in life.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment