Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Behind the Clouds

It's the second of three consecutive rain days forecast here at the beach. There are rip tide warnings and warnings for mild coastal flooding between six and 12 tonight. Behind all those clouds, there's almost a full moon. And some sunshine as well.

I happened to look ahead to next week and noticed that from Saturday (this week) on, the weather is expected to be sunny, cooler in the 70s, and dry. For at least a week. I laugh as I think I picked the wrong week of my two weeks of vacation to be at the beach. I think about Murphy's Law ~ anything that can go wrong, will go wrong. According to that, there might never be good weather at the beach. But then there's the sometime addition to the law . . . and at the worst possible time. 

So, you always get into the wrong line at the store. Your week at the beach is the one with the rain, or the hurricane. Still. The beach is a beautiful place to be. Any time.

And I've come to read, so I can do that indoors as well as out on the beach. I had been hoping to get a little sun and color but I'm happy to be away, and to hear the ocean outside the window. It's even louder than usual because of the weather. So, there's that.

I'd planned to extend my stay a few days to enjoy the sun when it comes back, but that keeps getting pushed. The sun, not my stay. I'll stay as long as I can, which right now is til Saturday. Charlie and I are taking a fun mini trip by train on Monday and Tuesday to explore New Haven. Connecticut. There's some coastline there as well. And pizza.




The Green Wilderness is a daily writing practice that opens a landscape of discovery into my own human experience. 

Katherine Cartwright has been blogging since 2012, and each year brings new wonders. She asks big questions of the small things in life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment