Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Maybe I'll Write Later

It's the first morning in this series when I sit before the screen with absolutely nothing to say.

I think about going to wash my face, and maybe getting dressed and brushing my hair. Maybe I'll feel a new spark rise and something will strike me as interesting or something will come to mind that wants to be expressed or explored.

Sometimes the mind simply is clear. With nothing burning or burning through.

Natalie Goldberg would say, "Just keep writing, 'I can't think of what to write. I can't think of what to write. I can't think of what to write.'" Until I have something to write. I have a feeling that today I might fill the screen. And considering that you can never really fill the screen, like you can fill a page, that might go on far longer than I want to give to this writing today.  

My thoughts slip back to the theme of this writing, The Green Wilderness. Are there times in the Wilderness when you've been challenged enough in the landscape that a day comes when you just want to sit down on a big rock and breathe and look around at the stark beauty of where you're sitting?

Yes. That's it. That's where I am.







The Green Wilderness is a daily writing practice that opens a landscape of discovery into my own human experience. 

Katherine Cartwright has been blogging since 2012, and each year brings new wonders. She asks big questions of the small things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment