Sunday, June 23, 2024

Two For the Price of One

This morning as I opened the vertical blind in the living room, I remembered that I did not write and publish yesterday. My commitment is a daily writing practice, and I do not know how the whole day and evening went by without my writing. Well, I know how it happened. I've been swimming in the mornings since the days have been so hot and the pool so crowded later in the day. I changed my pattern and the new pattern is not solid yet. I stayed at the pool longer than usual yesterday because the day was so beautiful. I pushed my time and became overheated. Over-sunned. Threw me off, and I never quite caught up with myself.

The beautiful thing is that I noticed it without judgment and committed to writing two reflections today. My inner critic gave me a break and rolled with it. Wow. Is that different.  

I've spent the last few months being mindful around being kinder to myself. There's been a lot of change and a lot of stress. Outer circumstances have not always been kind, so my inner circumstances need to be. It's the loving thing to do. There's unexpected treasure in this, for ourselves and for others. When we are kinder and more loving to ourselves, we can be kinder and more loving toward others. It's something the world can use a little more of these days.





Tomorrow Has Become Yesterday is a daily writing practice that opens a landscape of discovery into my own human experience.

Katherine Cartwright has been blogging since 2012, and each year brings new wonders. She asks big questions of the small things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment