Friday, June 21, 2024

Fresca Deliciosa

The fridge is pretty empty. I could use a trip to the store. Coming home from the pool, I noticed the containers all needed water. It's hot and dry. As I moved through the garden with the watering can, it occurred to me that the kale and lettuce I'd been nurturing in containers are edible. Well ready to harvest. So I made a salad of my own lettuce for lunch today. Some of my own kale, dill and basil. There was half an avocado in the fridge and a little feta, some pickled red onion. With a little olive oil and champagne vinegar, it was a good salad. Refreshing. 

And there was something about most of it coming from my own garden that felt good.





Tomorrow Has Become Yesterday is a daily writing practice that opens a landscape of discovery into my own human experience.

Katherine Cartwright has been blogging since 2012, and each year brings new wonders. She asks big questions of the small things in life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment