Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Channeling Wendell Berry

The days have been achingly beautiful with big skies that seem to go on forever, crystalline blue and clear, or with big puffy white clouds or ribbons of cloud. 

The days have been cool and breezy. Sunny and mild. 

The days have been busy and beckon me outdoors to swim, garden, enjoy a beautiful meal with my daughter visiting from Chicago, my son who is local, and the two together. A rare treat.

The days have been filled with unexpected professional demands, and this has been surprising since I've been on a bit of a sabbatical. Rest, eludes me.

The sun has set and I wait for fireflies to rise. I sit in the garden for a few minutes and my thoughts meander like neighbors grabbing the last bit of light for their evening walk.




Tomorrow Has Become Yesterday is a daily writing practice that opens a landscape of discovery into my own human experience.

Katherine Cartwright has been blogging since 2012, and each year brings new wonders. She asks big questions of the small things in life.

Wendell Berry's poem, The Peace of Wild Things comes to mind as evening falls.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment