Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Hello, Old Friend

Fruit, that is.

This morning I'm having 12 plump, juicy blackberries and a rosy-skinned apricot. I'd love to have a peach, but we've been advised to step carefully. So I am. 

Especially since on Friday we have the option to fast for three days. To try another facet of the program. I haven't decided if I'll do it. The information will be released this evening, so I'm a wait-and-see on that one.

For now, I am enjoying the delicate sweetness of the fruit and the ways my deconditioned taste buds capture the subtlety of flavor. In the apricot, I can almost taste my childhood.





The Green Wilderness is a daily writing practice that opens a landscape of discovery into my own human experience.

Katherine Cartwright has been blogging since 2012, and each year brings new wonders. She asks big questions of the small things in life.  



No comments:

Post a Comment