Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Forty Days

Forty days of writing. The second 40 days of my program. Two wilderness journeys, back to back. A third begins tomorrow. 

As I thought about how the late spring and summer might open before me, doing this nutritional and health transformation program, I had a vision of passing through three wilderness periods. The first 40 days. The second 40 days. Of a 90 day program. The messy middle would be shared by the first and second 40 days. I have passed through the messy middle. I think this may be the first time I've noticed. I am ten days away from the end of the program. So, why a third wilderness journey?

It's not about the program. The program is an introduction. A toolbox that's being shared with me. A way in. The first 10 days of the third journey will be the program's end; the next 30 will be the beginning of the rest of my life. How do I transition from program to lifestyle?

As I sit on a boulder here in the Green Wilderness, sipping some water and seeing the end of the second wilderness in the near distance, knowing I will cross the threshold today, of one and into another, I am feeling thoughtful.

I've grown the ability to be more present.







The Green Wilderness is a daily writing practice that opens a landscape of discovery into my own human experience.

Katherine Cartwright has been blogging since 2012, and each year brings new wonders. She asks big questions of the small things in life.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment