Wednesday, August 18, 2021

The Last Outpost

Of the day, that is.

Wednesday is normally a long day and evening at work for me. It felt so good to turn the key in my front door this evening. To pour a glass of wine and make dinner. A beautiful tomato from the garden and some fresh mozzarella, fresh basil I grow in my kitchen window. EVOO and a thick fig balsamic vinegar. Salt. Pepper.

This writing is the last outpost of the day. I'm ready to crawl into bed, close my eyes, and sink into the dark landscape of sleep. And dreams.




A Hundred Days of Happiness is a daily writing practice that opens a landscape of discovery into my own human experience.

Katherine Cartwright has been blogging since 2012, and each year brings new wonders. She asks big questions of the small things in life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment