Monday, August 9, 2021

Are Monday Funks Still a Thing?

Are Monday funks still a thing? Is it just the long work week ahead that feels daunting? I can't decide for myself how I feel about this. I think there may have been a time that the weekend felt ages away, but lately I notice I'm more mindful about things and more in the present moment, so I'm not looking ahead or behind as much as I once did, for the most part.

I will say that it feels like a relief when Monday has come and gone. Perhaps that is a vestige of how I once felt about the long work week ahead. My perception of time has changed and the weeks and months and years seem to fly by more than they have before. Maybe that's why I no longer dread Mondays.

Dread? Where did that come from? It must have been a slip that clues me in to an old feeling. Maybe other things have come in over a lifetime to show me that Mondays and dread don't belong together. Can't say I'm dreading anything right now. And I don't want to go into the mindset that will enable me to connect with things I might dread that remain hidden most of the time. I've got a meeting tonight, so I'm off to take a break and make some dinner. Now that's something I can enjoy in the middle of my long Monday. 

Tuesday will be here before we know it.





A Hundred Days of Happiness is a daily writing practice that opens a landscape of discovery into my own human experience.

Katherine Cartwright has been blogging since 2012, and each year brings new wonders. She asks big questions of the small things in life..

  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment