Monday, August 23, 2021

Anticipation

The dulcet sounds of Carly Simon are ringing in my head. 

I take off in the morning for a couple of days in the mountains of West Virginia to clear my head. I have just about everything packed and a few things are already in the car. In the morning all I need to do is pack the cooler, finish loading the car, get gas and get going. 

There's something about the drive that will feel like moving slowly across a threshold. On the other side everything will be different. Especially the view. Every now and then we need to see through a different lens. 




A Hundred Days of Happiness is a daily writing practice that opens a landscape of discovery into my own human experience.

Katherine Cartwright has been blogging since 2012, and each year brings new wonders. She asks big questions of the small things in life. .  

No comments:

Post a Comment