Friday, August 6, 2021

The Fortune Cookie Knows

I'm back to fulltime work with a church and by the time it's Friday morning, a day off for me, I'm spent and ready for some deep rest. So, I'm giving it to myself. You don't even want to know what time I got up today or how little I accomplished. 

I did have a great dinner with friends - definitely a joy buzzer. The evening was cool. The insects were singing. The fireflies rose up from their resting places in the grass. The food was great. The wine was lovely. The conversation was wonderful. 

So I'm back home and thinking about the fortune cookie I broke open today.

Now is a good time to finish up old tasks. 

Fortunately, there's plenty of time tomorrow for chores. 





A Hundred Days of Happiness is a daily writing practice that opens a landscape of discovery into my own human experience.

Katherine Cartwright has been blogging since 2012, and each year brings new wonders. She asks big questions of the small things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment