Friday, July 2, 2021

Tripping Over Thoughts In the Wilderness

It was a sleepless night last night.

The ground is being turned over with writing and reflection.

I finally got up at about 1:30 - there's no point tossing and turning when sleep does not come. I lit some sage and smudged to clear my space of whatever stale energies were contributing to my late night thoughts, watched some video of an old teacher before going back to bed. He was talking about how to reset. The mind. The body. The emotions. Energy. 

It might have been a sign. 

Yesterday I was writing about resetting. And disruption. And chaos. It seems I took it all into the deep parts of the night. 

This is the 40th day of writing. Thoughts of the wilderness come to mind. 




A Hundred Days of Happiness is a daily writing practice that opens a landscape of discovery into my own human experience

Katherine Cartwright has been blogging since 2012, and each year brings new wonder. She asks big questions of the small things in life. 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment