Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Pausing at the Crossroads

The sun is out and it's a beautiful day. I haven't had much contact with the outside world yet. I made the mistake of hoping to make a quick call to schedule an oil change, but there never seems to be the ability to make a quick call these days. Is it me? Or just dumb luck? I also looked at email. I try not to do that before heading into the office, so I'm clear to write, when I can write in the morning. Decided to do that today.

Why am I thinking about mind clutter?

I wasn't before I began, but as thoughts begin to come, I am reminded of settling into meditation, when thoughts come unbidden and take the mind off in different directions, as if I am the crossroads and my thoughts are the spokes of the wheel heading off into different directions and bidding me to follow.

Bid to follow the unbidden thought.

But I am at the crossroads, and it's such a great place to be, so I'll pause here a bit and just look out over the many vistas available from this vantage point. 





A Hundred Days of Happiness is a daily writing practice that opens a landscape of discovery into my own human experience.

Katherine Cartwright has been blogging since 2012, and each year brings new wonders. She asks big questions of the small things in life.




No comments:

Post a Comment