Saturday, July 24, 2021

In Connection, There Is Healing

Arriving back home late at night, I am grateful for the three days I spent with my daughter and my mother, the three of us together. It was brilliant, from the unexpected birthday party for my daughter with my brothers and their families, to the time we spent going through needlework treasures crafted by grandmothers and great-grandmothers and great-great grandmothers and aunts and great-aunts. And other treasures as well. 

My daughter and I spent several hours in the car driving home and made plans to squeeze in one more day together before she leaves. I'm grateful for that also, and for the time she'll get to spend with her brother. Life is beautiful.

In my preaching last Sunday, I offered the thought, "In connection, there is healing." I'm thinking about that this evening as I think about the rough road we've had these last 18 months. This time we spent together after so much time apart, this connection and re-connection, it truly has been healing time. I can't speak for others, but the last 18 months have been rough at times so some healing feels good. 






A Hundred Days of Happiness is a daily writing practice that opens a landscape of discovery into my own human experience.

Katherine Cartwright has been blogging since 2012, and each year brings new wonders. She asks big questions of the small things in life..

  

No comments:

Post a Comment