Thursday, July 8, 2021

Chasing My Happy Place

It's about time we got around to it. Of course, often it's fleeting and something I only can point to. Sometimes it's as elusive as it is obvious.

I spent a few minutes there this morning, as I ambled through the Princeton Farmers Market from stall to stall looking for the makings of nourishment. Lacinato kale, arugula, blueberries, early peaches and a tomato. Italian parsley. A good black tea. A charred loaf from a Fishtown bread maker. Local, pastured ground pork. 

But I think it was the handful of freshly cut lavender that made me the happiest. Everywhere I walked the fragrance preceded me. And flowers fell. 

The tea merchant told me I was leaving pixie dust in my wake.









A Hundred Days of Happiness is a daily writing practice that opens a landscape of discovery into my own human experience.

Katherine Cartwright has been blogging since 2012, and each year brings new wonders. She asks big questions of the small things in life.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment