Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Evening Falls

Lunch with a good friend. 

A fabulous haircut. 

A good day doing work I love.

Running into a church member I really like.

And a few minutes of great conversation and

A lot of laughing. 

What am I not thinking of?

Probably a lot.

I recall the beauty and allow it to cement the narrative of the day. Small frustrations float away like dandelion seeds on the wind. Larger frustrations melt into the sunset as I banish them from the night. Who knows where they will be when day returns? Maybe they'll fly up beyond the Milky Way and get lost among the stars.






A Hundred Days of Happiness is a daily writing practice that opens a landscape of discovery into my own human experience.

Katherine Cartwright has been blogging since 2012, and each year brings new wonders. She asks big questions of the small things in life.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment