Monday, July 19, 2021

Happiness Is

Happiness is driving an hour to the airport.

Road work on I-95.

All to pick up the kids from their flight from Chicago.

On my daughter's birthday.

Happiness is the crazy traffic in the city.

Expensive parking in a garage.

A long walk to find a place to eat.

Being told time after time the wait is an hour.

All to share a meal with the kids.

And celebrate my daughter's birthday together.

Happiness is driving an hour home from the city.

The lanes on I-95 reduced to one.

Hopping on my laptop just before midnight to do my daily writing.

Thinking about falling into bed exhausted and happy.

After spending four hours with the kids.

On my daughter's birthday.





A Hundred Days of Happiness is a daily writing practice that opens a landscape of discovery into my own human experience.

Katherine Cartwright has been blogging since 2012, and each year brings new wonders. She asks big questions of the small things in life.




No comments:

Post a Comment