Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Tiny Keyboard Blues

I am back to typing on my tiny Raydem keyboard.

This time at my kitchen table.

The Internet is freezing up on my laptop and Comcast is mystified. My computer shows that I am connected and that everything is fine. Their computers show that I am connected and that everything is fine. Their speed test shows that there are some loading issues. I don't need a test to tell me that. 

So it's back to the iPhone and tiny keyboard. And grateful to have the option.

I think I've forgotten what I'd wanted to write about today.

I spent the morning reading a good book and the afternoon and evening working on some de-cluttering. Here's the thing with de-cluttering. First, it's a lot easier to help someone else to de-clutter their stuff than it is to do your own. Second, when I am de-cluttering I seem to move stuff around more than I actually get rid of things. 

I've got a recycling bag for papers and a large trash bag set up. Right now I'm mainly working through a lot of old paper. Tough for a writer. Lots of old projects and partially completed projects. Drafts of completed projects. Research. Notes. Papers with ideas and brainstorming sessions. Interesting articles I've saved. Pieces of paper filed with things that are interesting to me.

So there's always the question about whether I want the chaos of too much paper or a more streamlined existence. 

I'm being very selective these days.







The Summer of Self-Love is a daily writing practice created to harness three months for thriving. The goal at the end is to host a dinner party. Sounds like an odd Hero's Journey, doesn't it? Most of them usually are. 


No comments:

Post a Comment