Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Reboot

Shut down and restart. That sounds about right.

Is there anything else to say?

HA! There had better be.

My long day at work. Last day before some time off. I had everything ordered and organized. 

Under control. 

Hahaha

The best laid plans. 

Sometimes you just have to go with it and then regroup later. It was that kind of day.

I think I've written about this kind of thing before. 

So I arrived home a few hours later than expected. Was famished and contemplating pizza. Baked a chicken breast instead and roasted a sweet potato. In one baking dish for easy clean up. Diced a little onion and chopped a peach. When I pulled out the dish about ten minutes before it was done, I added a little Annie's bbq sauce to the chicken and the diced onions on top. Tossed the peaches with the sweet potatoes and let them roast together. Served it all over some naked raw spinach. 

Boy, was it good.

And just what I needed, with some sparkling mineral water.

The perfect regroup after one of those days.

Time for a reboot. 

Hopefully I can do that for a couple of days before I fly out to visit my daughter for a few days. The word restore is emerging as a need these days. All these "re-" words. 

I am glad we get the chance for so many do-overs and do-agains.





The Summer of Self-Love is a daily writing practice created to harness three months for thriving. The goal at the end is to host a dinner party. Sounds like an odd Hero's Journey, doesn't it? Most of them usually are.

No comments:

Post a Comment