Saturday, August 25, 2018

Longing for Beautiful Places

A slideshow of amazing natural landscapes moves across my computer screen every time I turn it on. 

And it's got me itching for the real thing.

I'm thinking about getting up at 4:30 tomorrow morning to drive to the beach and watch the sun rise and the moon set. It's full moon tomorrow morning, so the moon should be setting as the sun is rising. It would be a good place to write my morning pages and enjoy the early part of the day.

It would also feel good to sleep in. But considering that I usually wake up between 5 and 6 am, it probably won't feel as satisfying. 

Sleeping in sounds like a good idea. The reality just isn't as good as the fantasy.

There are a lot of things in life like that. Except, of course, amazing natural landscapes. 

They never disappoint.








The Summer of Self-Love is a daily writing practice created to harness three months for thriving. The goal at the end is to host a dinner party. Sounds like an odd Hero's Journey, doesn't it? Most of them usually are.

No comments:

Post a Comment