Friday, August 24, 2018

Bumping Up Against the Rough Edges

I think we've all had these times. 

When everything feels rough, itchy, or difficult. When nothing seems to move smoothly or to flow easily. There may be a deep sense of dissatisfaction. I'm there right now. And I've not passed into the place of wisdom yet. I'm simply noticing what is happening and allowing myself to be here.

The impulse, of course, is to act. To change things. To figure out how to fix it. Because it's uncomfortable. But I'm wondering if there might be a deeper experience that wants to emerge and if it is trying to get my attention. There may be something I need to see and life knows no other way to help us except to show us.

So I am thinking about my blindspots. I know I have them. We all do. 

They make us vulnerable. 

And vulnerability leaves us open. 

We can be affected by the unexpected and the unanticipated.

There is a lack of control in all this. And it could be that the deepest human fear is not death, or even public speaking, but not being in control. 





 



The Summer of Self-Love is a daily writing practice created to harness three months for thriving. The goal at the end is to host a dinner party. Sounds like an odd Hero's Journey, doesn't it? Most of them usually are.


Photo (c) 2015 Katherine Cartwright

The trail through Hellhole Canyon in Anza-Borrgeo Desert Park, California


No comments:

Post a Comment