Friday, August 10, 2018

Grounding Into What Is Life-Giving

I appeared again on my son's doorstep.

That was today. It feels good to be seen again. The situation with the publisher threw me a bit. The thought of vanishing in a digital world is unsettling. Being erased, deleted. Failing to transfer as data. It's a bit uncanny, this dehumanized world that seems to be developing. 

It's more important than ever to feel ourselves embodied, and rooted in nourishing soil.


I spent a nice afternoon with my son. Shout out to Tired Hands Fementeria in Ardmore. When I picked him up today in Fishtown, he told me we'd be driving a distance. It was a surprise. He always picks the most interesting places to try. I just follow his directions. I'd never been to that part of Philadelphia before and I love a good adventure. The food was great. The beer they brew is excellent. The atmosphere was nice too, in spite of the roar of the beer-making apparatuses. All part of the charm.

I spent a nice evening with friends in North Wales. I'd never been there before either. There's something interesting about touching down in a new place and finding your bearings. 

Life feels very much like that these days. 

Endings. Beginnings. Trusting the process of becoming. Standing on the threshold in a liminal space. Choosing. 

I heard back from my publisher again today. They apologize for the runaround. They're trying to sort out the problems. I think it would be simplest with a meeting. We could all get on the same page. I don't understand why people complicate what can be simple.

For now, I'm just glad to have reappeared.  






The Summer of Self-Love is a daily writing practice created to harness three months for thriving. The goal at the end is to host a dinner party. Sounds like an unusual Hero's Journey, doesn't it? Most of them usually are.

No comments:

Post a Comment