Friday, August 19, 2022

Onward

My computer started to die this morning. It’s a different kind of grief. 

That laptop and I had a rich life together, explored so many things. We saw my first book published together, created poetry, short stories, essays, and blog posts together. We companioned each other through the pandemic. 

Together we braved the Creatives Workshop, Akimbo’s Podcasting workshop, the Story Skills workshop, and two rounds of Writing in Community. We learned how to do church differently during a pandemic.  And just completed a poetry collection for the anthology project.

That laptop was with me all those lonely nights after my mother died. 

And so much more.  

Tonight I’m composing on my iPhone. The new laptop is with the GeekSquad getting set up. My dear, old laptop is there too for the data transfer. I’m praying all goes well. This between space is just a little unnerving. I feel a little naked without my laptop, a little untethered. Monday afternoon can’t come soon enough. 

Until then I’m on hiatus from email and from any work I usually do with it. I’ll have to edit the blog to add labels, a photo, and maybe some formatting changes, but my fingers are crossed that I can figure out how to hit publish. 

I’m pretty much just blundering through here without a map.


No comments:

Post a Comment