Friday, August 5, 2022

Bounty

The tomato was sliced and pressed between two pieces of rye bread,

The fennel and arugula swept up and pressed into the chill recesses of the fridge.

A bowl of peaches sits on the counter.

There is more I cannot see,

But I know it is there, waiting,

For whatever wonders will become of them. 

Of course, they already are a wonder and

Wonder begets wonder.







Creating Space: Three Months of Showing Up for What's Showing Up is a daily writing practice. Turns out that a lot of this writing explores the landscape of grief. My mother dies shortly before I began this writing, and this is what I'm thinking about most of the time these days.

Katherine Cartwright has been blogging since 2012, and each year brings new wonders. She asks big questions of the small things in life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment