Sunday, August 7, 2022

Juicy Details

This one is easy. Baby butter lettuce, a simple lemony vinaigrette, ripe cantaloupe, prosciutto.

Perfect summer meal.


Here's the recipe:

Baby butter lettuce, or greens of choice, on the plate

Wedges of ripe cantaloupe, rind removed

Prosciutto, carelessly scattered over the lettuce

Drizzle with vinaigrette

To make the vinaigrette, whisk together a tablespoon of a good extra virgin olive oil, a teaspoon of lemon juice, 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon of Dijon mustard, Celtic grey sea salt, cracked pepper, fresh herbs - I used tarragon. While I usually include fresh garlic in a vinaigrette, I omitted it here.

Paired with an unoaked Chardonnay.






Creating Space: Three Months of Showing Up for What's Showing Up is a daily writing practice. Turns out that a lot of this writing explores the landscape of grief. My mother died shortly before I began this writing, and this is what I'm thinking about most of the time these days.

Katherine Cartwright has been blogging since 2012, and each year brings new wonders. She asks big questions of the small things in life.



No comments:

Post a Comment