Saturday, August 13, 2022

Fresh Everything

I went crazy for fruit at the store today, 

It happens this time of year. 

Blueberries, figs, grapes. 

There may be more. 

Corn, sweet potatoes, sugar snap peas. 

The funny thing is there were three bags of groceries and

I can think of only six items.

And that tomato sandwich? 

It was amazing.

A different kind of veg art.




Creating Space: Three Months of Showing Up for What's Showing Up is a daily writing practice. Turns out that a lot of this writing explores the landscape of grief. My mother died shortly before I began this writing, and this is what I'm thinking about most of the time these days.

Katherine Cartwright has been blogging since 2012, and each year brings new wonders. She asks big questions of the small things in life.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment