Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Art on My Plate

Had dinner with friends the other evening. They made a peach caprese-style salad to accompany grilled salmon. It was such a refreshing and creative, unique twist on a favorite summer dish. Beautiful and delicious. I enjoyed the meal, and the company, and could not wait to tell a few people about it. 

Apparently, I'm the last person to have heard about subbing out peaches for tomatoes in a caprese salad. At least of those I told - my son, my brother, a few friends. 

"Oh, yeah, that's really big now," a friend told me last night at dinner.

Ah, well, that's okay. It was a delight to experience, there under a late summer evening sky with good friends and good wine. 

I made it today for lunch. Like my friend, I used burrata. There was fresh basil from the garden and a drizzle of a good, balsamic vinegar. It's not so much a recipe as it is art.




Creating Space: Three Months of Showing Up for What's Showing Up is a daily writing practice. Turns out that a lot of this writing explores the landscape of grief. My mother died shortly before I began this writing, and this is what I'm thinking about most of the time these days.

Katherine Cartwright has been blogging since 2012, and each year brings new wonders. She asks big questions of the small things in life.    

No comments:

Post a Comment