Sunday, July 8, 2018

Stillness

Sundays are brutal for writing. Let's just be truthful about that.

If I had not committed three months to this daily writing practice, I would not be writing today. I'd be sacked out on the couch, resting. I expend a lot of energy on Sunday and it can be exhausting. The day begins very early, builds in intensity throughout the morning and into the afternoon. And then I begin to withdraw the energy I've been sustaining intensely for hours. It's very public work and when that part of it is over there is often one-on-one or small group work. It all requires deep presence.

The best metaphor I can use is of fullness to empyting. The container collapses and slowly regains its form.  

So for this writing, I simply acknowledge it and am with it. Otherwise I think I'll get a headache trying to be something and someone and somewhere and somehow that I am not. 

There is freedom in truthful acknowledgment. 

The evening is cool and dark. Night has fallen and the street is quiet. All the striving of the day has been put down for its rest.










The Summer of Self-Love is a daily writing practice created to harness three months for thriving. The goal at the end is to host a dinner party. Sounds like an odd Hero's Journey, doesn't it? Most of them usually are.


 








No comments:

Post a Comment