Saturday, July 7, 2018

Return

The wind moves softly among the leaves. 

The day is soft. The blistering temperatures and stifling humidity have withdrawn. For today. Everything seems to be taking a deep breath. And so am I.

I was fortunate to spend the day learning. More time out of mind and the normal routine. I drove a stranger to the train station and left a friend to board for New York. I'm thinking about dinner. Fortunately, I took something out to thaw. A savory beef soup with roasted carrots and potatoes. There is cheese on the counter and cherries. A small vase of hydrangea from my mother's garden. 

I brought them home with me. 

The air in my kitchen is scented with fresh basil and lemon balm. More gifts from my mother's garden. 

I close my eyes and sink into my heartspace. Open them and take in the view. Wide open sky framed by verdant green treetops. 

Home. 









The Summer of Self-Love is a daily writing practice created to harness three months for thriving. The goal at the end is to host a dinner party. Sounds like an odd Hero's Journey, doesn't it? Most of them usually are.

No comments:

Post a Comment