Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Two Months

Breakfast with my son at a cool Philly insider eatery

A seamless drive down I-95

Unloading a few bags at Mom's and flipping on the A.C.

Taking away the spent blossoms in their vases and 

Cutting more to replace them

Noticing what has changed since last I was here

What now is gone and the space it's created

A Zoom meeting for the anthology project

Mad discussion around so many things

This is so fun

In September it will be done

A moment to breathe, then, and 

Sip lemon-infused water

Take that minute and breathe

Heading over to my brother's for crabs

It is summertime in Washington after all

Remembering Mom 

Two months after her death







Creating Space: Three Months of Showing Up for What's Showing Up is a daily writing practice. Turns out that a lot of this writing explores the landscape of grief. My mother died shortly before I began this writing, and this is what I'm thinking about most of the time these days.

Katherine Cartwright has been blogging since 2012, and each year brings new wonders. She asks big questions of the small things in life.


No comments:

Post a Comment