Saturday, July 9, 2022

Herbal Remedy

When I want to feel good, I go for the nose.

I've written about the scents of flowers, and nectarines ripening on the counter. About the loamy smell of earth and the evening fragrance of green, growing things in the late spring and early summer. This evening I reach for herbs in my little herb garden.

Thyme, rosemary, chives, basil, Italian parsley, and mint are what I gathered today. Just a tiny bouquet. It had the effect of a tiny vacation and transported me to bliss.





Creating Space: Three Months of Showing Up for What's Showing Up is a daily writing practice. Turns out that a lot of this writing explores the landscape of grief. My mother died shortly before I began this writing, and this is what I'm thinking about most of the time these days.

Katherine Cartwright has been blogging since 2012, and each year brings new wonders. She asks big questions of the small things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment