Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Boulangerie

This grief has moved from my heart into my hip. The left side, near the top. There is corresponding pain in my right shoulder. It reaches from my head to my heart.

There's something uncanny about this. Strange and mysterious, unsettling. Familiar. 

The body never lies. It has its own wisdom. I need a healer's hands to knead everything together. I need to rest and rise and rest again. To bake in a dark space.

I am becoming bread.







Creating Space: Three Months of Showing Up for What's Showing Up is a daily writing practice. Turns out that a lot of this writing explores the landscape of grief. My mother died shortly before I began this writing, and this is what my mind is on most of the time these days.

Katherine Cartwright has been blogging since 2012, and each year brings new wonders. She asks big questions of the small things in life.


No comments:

Post a Comment