Saturday, July 16, 2022

Salad Days

As I suspected, after a big push to complete a project, I'm flat. Low energy, some pain in the body, a desire to crawl into bed and sleep for days. Four busy days at work, including today, preclude living into that impulse, but at least I can say one day down, three more to go.

I'm drinking lots of beautifully infused water, pausing carbs for six days, and resting when I can. I notice that post-COVID there are some lifestyle patterns that have changed - things lost that will not go back to the way they were. things I really loved. It's funny how I'm noticing this only now. Perhaps I noticed before, but as fleeting thoughts rather than as insights that give me pause. 

The thing about big losses is they shine a spotlight on all the smaller losses and everything gets tossed together in one big loss salad.







Creating Space: Three Months of Showing Up for What's Showing Up is a daily writing practice. Turns out that a lot of this writing explores the landscape of grief. My mother died shortly before I began this writing, and this is what I'm thinking about most of the time these days.

Katherine Cartwright has been blogging since 2012, and each year brings new wonders. She asks big questions of the small things in life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment