Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Creating Space and Showing Up for What's Showing Up

Endings create space.

I reflect on endings in my final post for last year's summer writing project. This year, I'm feeling a little lost around how to theme the writing, what to write about. I had a few ideas coming into May, but they all evaporated as the month continued and life as I knew it took a sharp turn and led me into an unfamiliar landscape.  

You'd think I'd be used to that by now. Unfamiliar landscape. Turns in the road. 

I see so many threads that want to be weaved together, but there is no loom, no tool. There is only space. Space, of course, can be its own kind of tool, a resource, a container for creativity and for bringing what wants to be brought into form with this writing. 

So there's an emerging theme. Or a lens. 

Space. Liminality. Threshold.

But the thought of writing about that feels heavy. Can there be space simply to notice what is emerging, what wants to be seen and known, what needs the space to express itself and then release?

That feels lighter. 




  


Creating Space: Three Months of Showing Up for What's Showing Up. A daily writing practice.

Katherine Cartwright has been blogging since 2012 and each year brings new wonders. She asks big questions of the small things in life.


No comments:

Post a Comment