Sunday, June 19, 2022

Father's Day Fete

The day was beautiful, sunny in the high 60s-low 70s. Perfect for mid-June. 

Had lunch on the deck of a local eatery. It's usually good, but today the service was careless. Things like double the wait time, being seated at a dirty table that had not been re-set, food arriving before there was flatware available. Being overcharged for the wine. I kept my mood up, was patient, kind, and relaxed. The server kept asking if I wanted to speak to the manager. 

No. I want to have a fun, carefree lunch. 

Walked down to the local indie bookstore. I've been wanting to stop in for awhile but haven't been in town. Picked up a book I've been thinking about reading for a few years and spent time on the porch swing. An achingly beautiful day, gentle swinging, holding a new book -- lulled me into a glorious ease, a wakeful nap.

I wouldn't say that I sucked the marrow out of the day but I did make broth with the bones.







Creating Space: Three Months of Showing Up for What's Showing Up is a daily writing practice.

Katherine Cartwright has been blogging since 2012, and each year brings new wonders. She asks big questions of the small things in life.

   


No comments:

Post a Comment