Saturday, June 11, 2022

Skirting the Rabbit Hole of Things

I am back in my mother's house.

This morning, while writing, I was distracted by the many things that still remain here, even with her gone.

And it is not simply the things I can touch.

But also the things that touch me.

I paused the writing and began to move around the room. And then I returned.

There are times, in the morning writing, that I drift away or fall away or slip down some kind of rabbit hole of thought. 

Today it was something else, as I rose and picked up this thing, or drew my fingers across that thing, or paused and touched a memory attached to something else.

But in returning to the page, I skirted the rabbit hole of things and returned to myself .







Creating Space: Three Months of Showing Up for What's Showing Up is a daily writing practice.

Katherine Cartwright has been blogging since 2012 and each year brings new wonders. She asks big questions of the small things in life.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment