Sunday, June 6, 2021

Why Can't the Dishes Do Themselves?

I think it to myself, and may even have said it out loud, as I sat down to write tonight. 

The sink was full of them, and I bemoaned having to do them at 10:15 pm when I'd rather be in bed asleep. But the internet was slow loading, so I got up and washed them quickly instead of sitting in front of the screen becoming frustrated. Lately, it feels like the '90s every time I sign in and try to get online. I wonder if Comcast has gone back to dial-up. The only good thing about it today was getting the dishes done quickly while I waited. Now I'm contending with screen freezes, another flashback to personal computing in the '90s.

There were a lot of things I loved about the '90s. Anything related to my PC is not one of them.

It's been another great day - beautiful weather (but too hot), a good day of work, the time to be able to take care of myself with a headache that wanted a nap. I'm not a good napper, but I gave in to it right away and am glad I did. A few hours after I got up, my headache disappeared. I popped over to the grocery store to get some ingredients for a recipe I wanted to try, did some cooking, and enjoyed a fabulous meal. Now I'm ready for bed again. I'm also ready for another good week. I've been grateful for this daily writing practice that enables me to re-focus my awareness around happiness, gratitude, and self-compassion.

I found a place for my new dollar store cocktail glasses, a fun and kitschy gift from my daughter for our mini-vacation last week. They fit in beautifully with my great grand-mother's depression glassware, my Czech and Slovak ceramics, and all the other treasures in my china cabinet. 




A Hundred Day's of Happiness is a daily writing practice that opens a landscape of discovery into my own human experience. 

Katherine Cartwright has been blogging since 2012, and every year brings new wonder. She asks big questions of the small things in life..

   

No comments:

Post a Comment