Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Threading the Needle

Water hangs thick in the air.

Sunshine, pale blue skies with streaks of white cloud, a canopy of green leaves on trees outside my kitchen windows. Sometimes I feel like I live in a tree house. 

The street is quiet again this morning. 

I'm taking a few moments of quiet reflection before my day begins in earnest. I head out of town again today for a few days away with family and head back again to pick up life here. I feel like thread being pulled through fabric. Or maybe I am the needle. Maybe I am the needle, the thread, and the fabric, as well as the hand who holds it all.





A Hundred Days of Happiness is a daily writing practice that opens a landscape of discovery into my own human experience.

Katherine Cartwright has been blogging since 2012, and each year brings new wonder. She asks big questions of  the small things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment