Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Taco Tuesday on Wednesday

I had a hankerin' for tacos this week. 

And what that usually means is that either I eat tacos pretty much every night or most of the very perishable corn tortillas I buy at Trader Joe's, which are clean and have no weird or undesirable ingredients, get wasted.

I hate waste. 

So, it's taco week for me. I started Monday with fish tacos made with Mahi Mahi and ate the leftover fish in slightly different tacos last night. Tonight it's roasted vegetable tacos, and I thought I might try making tacos with that wonderful pastured ground pork I get from the farmers market, and with shrimp and mango and avocado and corn. There are six servings in the package, so that's six nights of tacos.

It's an exercise in creativity.

And by the end, I might have a taco chapter for a cookbook.

How fun is that?








A Hundred Days of Happiness is a daily writing practice that opens a landscape of discovery into my own human experience.

Katherine Cartwright has been blogging since 2012, and each year brings new wonders. She asks big questions of the small things in life.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment