Friday, June 4, 2021

Falling Exhausted Into Bed After Two Days that Feel Like Ten

They felt like they never would end.

But they did, and I'm back at my mother's thinking big thoughts in small moments. My daughter and I packed another full day into half of this day before we said good-bye and I headed back north. I had a six-and-a-half-hour drive to reflect on our beautiful time together as I passed from storm to storm and into the space between storms. The day was beautiful, and when the storms ended the sky stretched into as much forever as the water had earlier in the day.

I am in between again. Passing from threshold to threshold, and the space between thresholds. Is that space yet another threshold? They come like the sideways rain in today's storms. And as I sit on the bed, still and reflective, everything begins move - like the motion of the car or the feel of the water beneath the ferry. 

And I wonder if part of me is still there.   



 

A Hundred Days of Happiness is a daily writing practice that opens a landscape of discovery into my own human experience.

Katherine Cartwright has been blogging since 2012, and every year brings new wonder. She asks big questions of the small things in life.. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment