Thursday, September 7, 2023

Stepping Back into Normal

Yesterday felt like a lost day after arriving home so late with the train delays. I honestly can't remember what I did, beyond unpacking and writing. I felt down this morning. Off. The two days of eating non-supportive foods have worked their way through my body, and my joints are sore. It's good to keep this in mind. Fortunately, I am still on vacation and can take a couple of days to take things easy. 

I joined Costco to get a good price on Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides. I'll be adding that to my self-care regimen to strengthen the vulnerabilities created by my experience with Lyme disease three years ago. Food, for the next few weeks will be simple. Green smoothies in the morning, salads at lunch, a protein and veg at dinner. Coconut yogurt and paleo granola when I feel like something sweet. If the days get cooler, I'll make some roasted vegetable soup. It was 96 degrees today and way too hot even to cook. 

Here's the recipe for my favorite green salad. I had it for lunch today.

Arrange tender baby lettuces on the plate and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Add a squeeze of Meyer lemon. A little salt and pepper. Add marinated artichoke hearts and pine nuts. Sometimes I'll also add a little avocado, scooped with a spoon.

I love this salad with roasted red pepper soup. It's nice also with a little bit of leftover roasted chicken. 





The Green Wilderness is a daily writing practice that opens a landscape of discovery into my own human experience. 

Katherine Cartwright has been blogging since 2012, and each year brings new wonders. She asks big questions of the small things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment