Saturday, September 2, 2023

Morning Songs

Morning songs are layered here at the beach. Sounds of surf. Songs of cicadas. Occasional passing of cars in the distance and people walking to the beach closer by. I forgot how lovely it is to have a screened porch. There's one here at the beach house. 

My favorite home from over the years had one, that's the one where we lived when the kids were little. We moved when my daughter had just started high school and my son was in fourth grade. The next house had a guest room. And a little woodland at the end of the property. Each place I've lived had something special that I will remember it for, and I love the early mornings when something in their songs brings up memories of songs from long ago.





The Green Wilderness is a daily writing practice that opens a landscape of discovery into my own human experience. 

Katherine Cartwright has been blogging since 2012, and each year brings new wonders. She asks big questions of the small things in life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment