Sunday, September 3, 2023

A Day Between

Between this and that. Between the beach and a Labor Day jaunt with my son. A day between one week of vacation and another. Almost another. The first week was a little longer than the second. 

But who's counting?

I spent the morning at the park in town, stopped in at the bakery and got a little something to have with my S'well of cool water. Did my Morning Pages in a tiny peace chapel, a shady park bench before a Peace Pole. There are many ways to worship.

Stopped in to pick up a few things at the store. I'll make some sandwiches for the train. There's nothing like a good sandwich on a train for breakfast.  As you're going someplace you've never been before with someone you love. There are many ways to be restored.

Picked up some flowers. Small sunflowers for the kitchen and blue and purple blossoms for my bedroom and writing room. I really don't write in my writing room, but I do keep a writing table there and my library. Some nice art. There are many ways to refresh a home.

The afternoon and evening slipped away from me. The days go that way sometimes.





The Green Wilderness is a daily writing practice that opens a landscape of discovery into my own human experience. 

Katherine Cartwright has been blogging since 2012, and each year brings new wonders. She asks big questions of the small things in life.   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment