Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Tiny Treasures

The cabinet is looking better. More time. More coats of paint. 

Patience. Persistence. Effort.

And a day away from it. That was probably the best thing.

Sometimes a little space opens the way to a more positive perspective. I've got a couple of things going on this week that require my patience, persistence, effort, and a shift in perspective. 

The poetry book. 

The print proof arrived in the mail last week. The book is beautiful. And the table of contents is the wrong font size. It's disharmonious. Not going to work. So what does it mean? Another long delay while it is corrected. Extra cost. Mine, even though the mistake was not. Mine. It took me a couple of days to get my head around that. Extra cost and another delay.  

I was watering plants and discovered buds on my African violet plant. A gift from my daughter. The African violet I gave her as a house warming gift for her first apartment gifted her with an unexpected second plant which my daughter transplanted into another pot. She gave it to me as a gift. I feel such joy every time it blossoms. Those tiny purple buds form and appear suddenly. It's like discovering tiny treasures when it happens. And they are. Tiny treasures. My perspective shifts. Joy emerges, regardless of whatever else is going on.  







The Great Summer Writing Retreat of 2019 continues. One hundred days of writing unedited ideas and following a prompt to its sometimes illogical conclusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment