Sunday, July 21, 2019

Crouching Tiger

I use a font called Trebuchet for this writing.

Just for fun, I asked my search engine to define it and was stunned by what I discovered. A trebuchet is a catapult used to fire projectiles, probably rocks and boulders, favored in medieval siege warfare until the advent of gunpowder, when I suppose canon began to be the preferred projectile thrower.

A catapult used to hurl projectiles toward a fortress to break down the walls. 

There is some humor in this late night exploration of fonts. 








The Great Summer Writing Retreat of 2019 continues. One hundred days of writing unedited ideas and following a prompt to its sometimes illogical conclusion.


Note - The Crouching Tiger is a Chinese design. Pictured, a 15th century depiction of a counterweight trebuchet. 



   

No comments:

Post a Comment