Thursday, July 11, 2019

Resurgence

It seems I've bitten off more than I can chew. Cultivating resurrection is a lot harder than cultivating joy is. Most likely the reason for this is that resurrection is a gift of grace, well beyond my abilities. So I stepped back and looked at the other words on the list. Rebirth, like resurrection, is something to allow rather than something to cultivate. Revival, regeneration, rejuvenation, renewal, resurgence, revitalization, renaissance -- now those can be cultivated. 

I started with sleep, good food, hydration, and minimizing stress. For a day. I spent time doing things I love. I did work that feels meaningful to me. I encountered a few frustrations and took them in stride.

As I think about it now, it really hasn't been a day unlike most others. The main difference was how I approached it, the way I framed it, how I created the container for the day. 






The Great Summer Writing Retreat of 2019 continues. One hundred days of writing unedited ideas and following a prompt to its sometimes illogical conclusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment