Friday, July 26, 2019

Friday Night Thriller: The Return of the Reptile People

I miss the one-fingered-typing-on-the-cell phone writing. Of course, I could have pulled out my phone and continued with that practice. But it seems a little silly once I'm back home and have electricity again, storm and power loss in the rear-view mirror. 

Ancient Aliens is on in the background tonight. I thought I'd been half-listening to a show on the human brain. The reptile brain was being discussed. Suddenly, the script changed and experts began to discuss a theory that posits that our reptile brain is the result of reptilian aliens who came to Earth in the distant past and manipulated the DNA of ancient hominids. We are the result.

The show, actually, is interesting. Great views of beautiful and wondrous sites. A lot of discussion around archaeology and artifacts. I'm not convinced by their interpretations; much of it is a huge stretch. But the discussion is interesting and entertaining. If I were a cynic, I'd wonder how the scientists and scholars featured can say what they do with a straight face.

"Is it possible that a race of reptilian aliens still lives deep within the Earth and, if so, why don't they make their presence known?" This cliffhanger entices us to return after the commercials. They tease a biblical connection, and sightings, so I'm curious.  

My mind wanders into a memory of Friday nights in college, when we'd watch the late night horror thriller on the local station and order a Domino's pizza. Pepperoni and green pepper. There was an actor in costume introducing the movie each week. The plot was often reptile people coming to Earth for some kind of misadventure. 

The late show I'm watching this Friday night puts forward the idea that the reptile people have returned and are living among us. They've infiltrated human society to determine the course of human events and to create an advanced human through further experimentation. The late show has come off the screen and into our lives, they tell us. And I wonder if I will be visited by aliens in my dreams tonight.  








The Great Summer Writing Retreat of 2019 continues. One hundred days of writing unedited ideas and following a prompt to its sometimes illogical conclusion. 

Note - Some days the conclusions are more illogical than on others.

No comments:

Post a Comment